Often times, the women I work with struggle to make healthy breakfast choices that keep them feeling full and satisfied all morning long.
Today's recipe is a fantastic option to meal prep for breakfast, lunch, OR dinner! Plus, it’s EASY! Seriously — it takes about 5-10 minutes of prep work, and once you put it in the oven, you’re free to do other things! Make this on a Sunday and have breakfast or lunches ready-to-go all week long!
Turkey & Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil + more for coating the pan
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- /2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 small Sweet Potato (peeled and sliced thin)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- Salt & Pepper for Seasoning
- Additional Veggie Toppings: Tomatoes (Diced Onions, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, Broccoli)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish with Coconut Oil as well as heat the 1 tablespoon in a medium sized skillet set to medium-high heat. Once the oil has melted add in the Ground Turkey and season with the Chili Powder, and Salt and Pepper. Continue to cook the meat until it begins to brown.
2. While the turkey is cooking peel and slice your Sweet Potato. Make sure your slices are fairly thin because if they’re too thick they won’t be as tender. Line the bottom of the greased baking dish with the sliced potatoes. In a medium bowl beat the Eggs with a whisk and season with salt and pepper.
3. Top the potatoes with the turkey and then pour the eggs on top. Layer the Spinach on top of the eggs as well as any additional toppings you’d like to add.
4. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges of the egg begin to brown and the casserole is firm throughout. Check the dish with about 5 minutes to go to see if you need to add any time.
Note: If you want to make this as part of your meal prep (or the night before serving) and freeze it for later go ahead and fully prepare the dish then place in the freezer. To cook, let it defrost and then reheat at 275 to 300 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.