Although the weather has been unusually warm in Chicago for this time of year, I’m happy to share this delicious fall veggie recipe with you today! It’s low in calories, carbs, and fat, and high in flavor! Plus it’s ready in about 20-30 minutes.
· 2 pounds Brussel Sprounts, trimmed and halved
· 1 ½ cups (1/4 inch) diagonally cut carrots
· ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
· Cooking Spray
· 1 Tablespoon butter
· ½ Cup Capers (well-drained)
· 1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
· Dash of salt
· Dash of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450º.
2. Combine Brussels sprouts, carrots, and 3 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl, tossing to coat. Spread on large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.